Saturday, January 24, 2015

Goals for 2015


So, having been a Personal Trainer for a number of years, I don't like the term "Resolution."  It tends to set people up for failure. It's this thing you "have" to come up with and you "have" to achieve it.  Too much pressure.  "Goals" tend to be more relaxed and laid back.  You have short term and long term.  I just like the term much better.  I didn't have goals for 2014 except be able to ride my horse so I didn't have to sell him.  Now that I am keeping him, I have come up with challenging yet attainable goals for us.  Below are my riding goals, goals for Breeze, and my non-equestrian goals.


My Riding Goals:
  • Gain confidence
  • Better Posture
  • Gain Poise
  • Jump 2"6'
  • Show 5x this season (1 being a Jumper and 1 being an Eventing)
  • Clean Tack Once a Week
  • School at a XC Park
Goals For Breeze:
  • Load in Trailer in Less Than 1 Minute
  • Increased Balance
  • Straightness
  • Better/Smoother Downward Transitions
  • Consistent Flying Lead Changes
  • Hold Frame On His Own Longer
My Non-Equestrian Goals:
  • Take Better Care of My Skin
  • Lose 25-30 lbs.
  • Workout Regularly
  • Drink Minimum 1/2 Gallon Water
  • Take Vitamins and Meds Regularly
  • Get & Keep a Job

1 comment:

  1. What a list! Those sound like great challenges but really rewarding goals none-the-less!

    ReplyDelete